Hosts provide activities to undergraduate student(s) that explore potential careers in the building industry, while building the bridge between classroom and the professional work environment. Hosts provide an activity that gives students hands-on experience into the industry and your career as a builder.
Host Time Commitment
Activity can be a ½ day, full day, or multiple days long. Host determines time commitment and length of activity.
- You determine how often to host students, the length of each experience and the activities in which students participate
- Shadowing is not intended to be an internship or interview.
- Your responsibility ends when Shadowing experience is over unless you elect to remain in contact.
- Zero cost to you besides time spent.
How Many Students Will I Host?
We hope to match you with one student, but if you are providing an activity that can accommodate more, perfect!
Host Activity Ideas
Hosted activities should provide students with general industry information, and hands-on experience into your career as a builder.
- Introduce your profession, industry or organization and exchange ideas. You have a captive audience who is eager to learn.
- Discuss your job responsibilities.
- Give a tour of the workplace.
- Allow opportunity for student to observe daily routine.
*Make students aware of confidentiality issues within an organization and their responsibilities regarding these.
Sign up to be a Job Shadow host here.